Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Polish Days: Nail-Venturous Floam over Boots 17 - Spring Petal

Hello everyone, sorry not posted for a while, been pretty busy and whatnot. Today I am doing a post along with some other bloggers featuring a polish from Nail-Venturous called Floam, (after the childrens toy which is some sort of mouldable foam microbead stuff that was about in the 90's - I'm too old to remember that!).

 I will pop links to the other ladies after the photo's. Meanwhile here's a little badge that Hannah from Polly Polish created for days when lots of bloggers want to do a themed manicure!




This polish you can find many swatches for on it's own, but I thought I'd do something different and try layering over a totally different colour to what most people use (i.e a turquoise or green base). So I chose a pink polish with a subtle shimmer, from Boots 17 called Spring Petal. 




I think in hindsight I probably should have used something more neon like Illamasqua Collide to really make it bright, but I still like the colours together nonetheless.

Here's a picture and close up in direct sunlight:  





Here in natural daylight: 





I really like this polish although I did have to add a lot of thinner to it to make it spreadable, but I prefer thinner polishes. Once I did this, it applied like a dream and dried SO quickly, very impressive. The only downside was it took three layers of topcoat to get it even. 

Do you have Floam or have you tried anything different with it at all? 

Thankyou for looking! xxx

Here are the links to the other ladies who are participating in the Floam Day:

Hannah (Polly Polish) Post link
Sabine (My Polish Stash) Post link
Jen (The Nail Polish Project) Post link
A Lacquered Affair Post link
Jenny Hillerström (Beauty by Jenny) Post link
Deborah (Love Varnish) Post link
Melissa (The Crimson Petal) Post link


Rachel (Claws, Nails & Beauty) Post link
Mara (Mara in Polishland) Post link
Charlotte (Charlottes Nails) Post link
Stephanie (Sincerely Stephanie) Post link
Jasmine (Colour Coated) Post link
Carolina (Colores de Carol) Post link
Salla (OMG! Polish'Em!) Post link















43 comments:

  1. I never thought of layering this over pink! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!? Seriously haven't heard of Floam, it looks so pretty I want :D

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lucy, it's available from Ninja Polish. x

      Delete
  3. I love Floam it´s so unique and fun. I think it looks amazing in your mani, what a great idea!! I´m so glad with this #FloamDay, it shows the nice partnership and collaboration between bloggers that exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Julie, it certainly is, and it's fun to see what the other people have come up with.

      Delete
  4. I love the 17 polish! they have some beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, they certainly do I also love Pink Grapefruit and Amaretto by them too.

      Delete
  5. It looks great over pink too! I love that is so versatile, it seems like a total different polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this combination, looks so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Carolina, can't wait to try over other colours!

      Delete
  7. I'm wearing Floam today too! It's my favourite polish :D

    http://maligreen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/notd-floam.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this looks so cool over pink! What a great idea Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great combo!! Happy Floam Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just discovered your blog and am a new subscriber. Great color combination. Now I want floam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really liking your combo, it looks like some sort of fairy cake with sprinkles I used to have back in the early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it certainly does look look a bit like a cake!

      Delete
  12. This reminds me of an iced biscuit at kids parties, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soon as this is back in stock, I buying this bad boy. Looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tee Dee, thankyou and can't wait to see on your nails!

      Delete
  14. I'm in love with floam in at it's green and blue glory, but I love the possibilities with it. It's a totally different polish worn over pink, but still nice :) Hope I get my hands on it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Silke, I hope you do too, would love to see on your blog!

      Delete
  15. I never would have thought to wear Floam over pink! It looks gorgeous, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of floam but it looks good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, all the colors of Floam pop combined with the pink base color! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sabine, can't wait to try over other colours now!

      Delete
  18. This is absolutely lovely. Just the colour combination it's so soft but at the same time fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks gorgeous! Almost like caviar nails ;)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice!


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am your newest follower!!!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color combo! you picked the perfect pink as your base!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks great over pink Esther :)

    ReplyDelete